Beth's favorite food is pasta and she makes many different kinds. Today, she enlightened my life by making me lunch which was a pasta with different veggies and dressings and spices. soooo good. She's eating pasta next to me right now as we speak. :)
Yesterday, Beth and I had kind of a later start than everyone else, and they left for the Musee d'Orsay before us. Beth and I, of course, stopped at Starbucks on the way. She got a green tea latte with soy and I got the best caramel latte that I have ever had (even better than my GP peeps. Crazy, I know). I had to throw out the french word for green because they didn't understand what she wanted. How I remembered the word for green, I don't know, but it's all good.
So, we headed down a few streets to catch the C train. What a complicated station because it was where a bunch of transfers ovvur so there were many trains. Who would have thought to get onto Platform A to catch a C train? Oh, well. We made it there anyway.
I really liked the Musee d'Orsay; it had more of my type of paintings and art work - landscapes and bright colors. It was crazy to look directly at famous paintings from Monet, VanGogh, Pissaro, being able to see the brushstrokes, the paint differentiation, the vivid colors. It was such an unbelievable experience. Also, the energy in this museum was very creative, imaginative, inventive, and it kind of bled through to the patrons. I felt very in tune with myself while here, as did Beth. We found paintings that interested us, also, so we wrote them down so we can research them later. :)
After the museum, we headed down the Seine River to find tickets for a boat tour. We eventually found it, bought the tickets, and wanted food. We started walking and realized we were in the 8th district - the rich Beverly Hills-esque district with Prada, Louis Vuitton, Versace stores. Yea, so we crossed the bridge to nthe 7th District and instantly the atmosphere was different, more calm and more relaxed. We walked and found a Restaurant Chinoise - Chinese Restaurant. We all had been craving Chinese food for a bit now. We sat in a restaurant and you could see the Eiffel Tower from there. We got these spring rolls which were about the size of your middle finger and it came with this sauce - it was so good. I got sesame chicken, of course. It was very sweet, but very good.
We headed back to the boat tour and found a spot all the way in the back of the boat facing the rear. We realized there wasn't a bar, so Kennikki and I ran off and grabbed a beer for all 5 of us, and ran back on. It's important to have one while on the boats. So, the boat headed off. Pictures a sunset of purples, oranges, and pinks with the Eiffel Tower in front and the sound of the waves below you - that's how we began our tour. It was absolutely breathtaking. We ventured for an hour and ten minutes down the Seine River. We saw the Eiffel Tower light up again, so cool to see from a different angle this time. Did you know that France has a mini version of the Statue of Liberty? Well, they do and it's in the river by the Eiffel Tower.
Oh, also in our walks, we came across this flame that looked like the tip of the Statue of Liberty's torch, so we went to look at it. This was a memorial to Princess Diana because right underneath was the tunnel that her car crashed in and she died. It was so crazy and random that we ran into it, and very sad. The visions of the news specials and the funeral on TV came flooding through my mind at that moment, as well as the image of Danielle bawling because Princess Diana had passed away.
Today, I blew a fuse. However, normal people blow fuses, I blow whole circuit boxes. The super had to come over, somehow got two electricians out (Sundays are their holiday and no one works), and eventually, they replaced the box and everything was ok and we had electircity. All I did was plug in my camera charger. However, I plugged it into a plug none of us have used before and has been kind off iffy and tempermental. Yea, stupid me tries to still use it. I was really upset, but within 3 hours it was all taken care of.
We went to a cemetary and saw Jim Morrison's grave, as well as Chopin's. We wanted to see Oscar Wilde's also, but the cemetary was closing. This cemetary opened in 1832 and was one of the coolest cemetaries I've ever seen. There were cobblestone walking paths winding in and out making little walking streets. Instead of just a little square with your name on it like in America, each family had like a little temple - some the shape of outhouses, but obviously beautiful and made of cement. These were popped all over the place - or there were would be a giant chunk of marble or cement to denote a family, also. It was such a pretty cemetary with all of these, and it was like something you see in movies because of all of the old graves, headstones, and names. It was such an interesting place to walk around in.
Afterward, we headed back to the apartment and chilled for a bit and then wandered to find some food. Well, today is Sunday, which means everything is closed. Really, though; everything was closed. We found one place after an hour of walking around, but they wouldn't let us split a pizza and wouldn't let Beth just have a drink or me just a drink when I decided not to eat. So, we left. So weird to get denied service because two of us weren't going to eat. We ended up just going to McDonald's because we were too hungry. ha ha. Oh Micky D's. Beth and I also wanted Starbucks, but, oh, what do you know, it's closed. grr. Oh well, tomorrow morning.
We're just chilling at the apartment now. Kennikki left this morning which was pretty sad. It's crazy not to have her here because I'm so used to the 5 of us. She had a great time, though, and so did we. It's crazy to think my travels are almost over...but I won't think of that. I still have four more full days.
Alright, well I'm out. We're talking about our plans for the rest of the week. Have a good night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment