Aww man, I'm missing the best bbq of the year with mom's amazing cooking! I hope you guys have amazing weather today!!! That should make up for all of the rain you've been having that I've heard of. Well, have fun and think of me while eating some great grilled something. ha ha.
Well, yesterday we kind of got a late start because Kennikki, Beth, and I are all about taking our time and chilling and then going, just because we were on the run every single day nonstop for a month - waking up, walking 40 minutes to school, rushing to a show, etc. So, now that we can sit and still enjoy the sites, that's kind of the mode we're in. However, if I just got here, I'd be exatly where Cathie and Sarah are, where they just want to keep going. It's interesting how that kind of thing happens - you're mentality changes because of a certian event (us being in Moscow for a month).
So, the three of us were going to meet up with them at the Catacombs. We kind of got lost on the way. Usually, I'd freak out, but it didn't bother me. I stopped and asked for directions in French. I sort of understood him. We found a map and used that instead. So, we figured it out and ended up there. We thought the Metro station was the Catacombs however, and then had to cross the street to the actual building. Sticking us three together is a mess waiting to happn, but a lot of fun. So, we went into the Catacombs after a half hour wait in line. It was very creepy to begin with. This 20 meter deep spiral staircase that took us underground to what used to be a mine shaft. Then, you had to walk 500 meters underneath the streets (which were marked underground), the river, the homes. When you arrived, oh man. Millions and millions of bones and skulls made into shapes on the walls - hearts, arches and crosses; it was quite creepy. There was a large vase formed around a pillar. Millions of unidentified people were down here. Insane. There were randomly little poems or quotes around, also. One said "Silence, the dead are listening." eery.
Anyway, got kind of creeped out down there. And the energies were just in high intensity too. So, we got to the end and had to walk up a narrower spiral staircase. We got out into the sunlight, pretty far away from where the beginning of it was and couldn't find Cathie and Sarah. So, we decided to head back to the apartment (the original plan was to head to the Eiffel Tower). We ended up stopping at this little cafe and grabbing a beer bcause we all had to use the bathroom. So, we chilled at this outside cafe, talked, people watched. It was very Paris. ha ha. We left there and walked past a Boulangerie (Bakery) and we were all kind of hungry, so we decided to get abaguette and split it (they're huge). So, we walked in and I said everything to the woman in french, "Bonjour. Je voudrais un baguette s'il vous plait...Merci." = "Hello. I would like one baguette please....Thank you." Kennikki starts laughing because apparently I said it so fast and fluent she was taken aback like whoa where did that come from. I was so excited because I was able to order in french. Two years of french in high school paid off. I was able to order a baguette in french. :) By the way, best piece of bread I've ever eaten, and the best 80 cents I've ever spent on food in my life - no joke.
So, we continued home and stopped at some shops along the way. We got back, and they were waiting for us. We made some dinner, it began to rain. We were all pretty tired, so we decided to stay in for the evening. We talked, drank some wine. We were going to watch the movie Amelie, but we were all falling asleep, so we didn't. Kennikki, Sarah, and I went downstairs to grab a beer at the restaurant below us. I was tired, so I came back up after one, they stayed. Beth, Cathie, and I talked for a while. Then, Beth and I were up until like 2am talking to Steve online. ha ha. I was able to talk to him yesterday too and we talked for like 30 minutes and yelled at each other because we can't be roommates next year again. He needs to graduate and he wants me to stay another year. ha ha, yea, ain't gonna happen. We talked to Mo and MJB online also. Very cool. We were going to try and catch up with our Canadian friend Catherine who went to Moscow with us, but that didn't work out yesterday and she leaves today.
Today we are going to shop along the Champs D'Elysse. Then possibly end up at the Eiffel Tower because it is supposed to be nice today with a high of 73. Apparently at night for the next two months, when it lights up, it's the colors of the flag because of the presidential stuff. Cool.
Apparently, Jack Johnson is going to be in concert not too far away in some park on the 9th, so we're going to go and try to do that. How amazing would that be?! So cool!
Anyway, I'm going to go make breakfast. You guys have a wonderful, beautiful, and fun day!!!
Happy Independence Day!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment