Well. I'm in Paris. What a night/day yesterday. Well, he headed off to the airport around 3:30am. Everyone was in a different state - happy, sad, tired, confused, drunk, everything. So that was obviously interesting. We got to the airport earlier than they would let us in, so we had a little bit of sitting around to do. Then they said that everyone's bags had to be 23kilos (50 lbs.) so everyone was frantically going through their bags throwing stuff in other people's so that it wouldn't be too heavy. On the way home, if it's over, I'm just paying whatever it is. lol. I was fine though because I have two bags already.
So, I get on the plane and pass out. Woke up later and the clouds were so heavy it looked like snow. You couldn't see anything underneath. Aboveit was the bright blue sky. Really quite amazing. Of course I took a picture.
We landed and had to find Beth's mom and sister. The airport in Paris is really not that easy to navigate, but we made it. Then we found a cab and took it to our apartment. It's in the 6th district, beautiful. There's a main bathroom which is big, a master bedroom and bathroom with a jacuzzi tub, a yellow dining room and kitchen, a living room with blue furniture and peach walls and another bedroom with two twin beds. The streets outside are so nice also. Nice apartment buildings, little stores, random fountains. What you would expect Paris to be I guess.
Kennikki and I went to a little restaurant for lunch across the street while we were waiting for the others so we could go grocery shopping because we were STARVING! so, we got chicken and fries. ha ha. (Kennikki: "We have to get french fries. we're in FRANCE!" yea, she's a dork just like me.) It was cool because I was able to read the french menu. It's been a while since I've taken french, and I only took two years, but its cool to see what's coming back. We went to the grocery store which was laid out weird. They had a downstairs too, which is where you checked out. To get your cart downstairs, carts had their own escalator that grabbed onto their wheels. so crazy. Then you had to pay 3 cents for bags. lame but it's all good.
We came back and Kennikki and I went to get a phone card because everyone else didn't feel like going they just wanted to chill. So we walked and picked random streets. Found a McDonalds, Starbucks, an amazing smelling bakery. Met some really nice people. It's so interesting because, yes, people are rude here I guess but everyone seems like angels after leaving Moscow lol. The few people we stopped and talked to were really friendly and wanted to help us out and to talk to us. Such a nice atmoshere here.
It was definitely sort of a culture shock to be here because within a two hour span we're in a different country with a different language, new streets, and new everything. Its like the first 2 days in Moscow where you have to learn everything all over again. It'll be ok though. The pace here is a little slower...amongst the walkers. The driving is insane, there's no lanes!!! But people aren't speeding past you as you walk, knocking your shoulders, they're just chillin enjoying life. I really like that.
So, Kennikki and I got back and I fell asleep; it's 5pm. I woke up at midnight - took out my contacts and went back to sleep. I woke up at 7:40am this morning. That's a ton of sleep, but I was exhausted. Mom can attest for me because I sounded like crap on the phone yesterday. ha ha.
Anyway, right now it's a little gray outside, so hopefully it'll turn around and be as beautiful as it was yesterday. I'm off to take a shower and get ready for the day. Have a great one! Love and miss you all. A bientot!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment