Monday, June 9, 2008

I partied like a Russian.

Well. Saturday night was the night at the club. The dorms are locked from 1am until 6am, so if you're out, you're stuck out. Well, the Russian way to party is to not leave for the club until midnight-ish. So, we left at midnight for the club called B2. I only had two beers the entire time we were there - until 4:30am. So much fun, we danced and just had a great time. Then walked to Sbarros for pizza and got home at 6am. So much fun.

Boat tour on the Moscow River on Sunday. JT kind of seperated the group...not intentionally. We were on the boat and he was waiting for the others to buy their tickets, and the boat took off. It was so funny. It was so nice out though and so relaxing. We got a bottle of champaigne and split that 5 ways. It was like an hour long. There wasn't a lot to see on the tour, but it was a great experience. We just hung out the rest of the night.

Today we had ballet. We did some new dances and some new lifts. I love lifts, they're so much fun. Larissa loves me doing lifts also. She kept having me demonstrate the guy part. I'm getting so much better at everything in that class. Acting we did an etude of us at NASA in the control room and were getting ready for take off. It was so good. I was like the guy in Office Space "Where's my stapler" guy. It was great. We watched the take off and there this huge congratulations, excitement, etc. Then like a minute later the aatmosphere changed because the shuttle exploded. And literally, everyone in our group was crying watching this space shuttle. It was such an amazing feeling. The class loved our etude, we were believable, natural, exciting, and interesting to watch and we all had our own personalities and characters.

Went to McDonalds today. ha ha. I had a "Big Tasty" not big and tasty. funny. It was HUGE! It was like a real hamburger too. I could only eat half of it though. But I wanted to go to McDonalds in Russia, so I did.

Tonight we went to go see Inspector General. It was sooo BAD! This was part of the international theatre festival and they were Italian. Everything was forced with them. They weren't organic or natural, they very stiff and rigid. Also, they wore masks, but did not know how to use them correctly and made it suck. The show is supposed to be a comedy and it ended up being a drama somehow -very serious. Such a bad show. Oh well, it was free. You win some, you lose some.

I'm about to catch up on my journal for class then hop to bed. Have a good night!

P.S. Steven got offered a part in Sesame Street Live on Tour. So excited for him. I don't know any details, just that. So cool.

No comments: