Thursday, June 12, 2008

Wow. It's already Friday!

I can't believe it has already been two weeks here! Time flies I guess.

Last night we went and saw Richard III at the Satiricon Theatre. It was sooo good! The death scenes were all so beautiful too. The first one is the death of Clarence and they killed him by filling up glasses of red wine and throwing them at him and that symbolized them beating him/stabbing him. Another, they wrapped this guy's head up in newspaper and he suffocated. Another, they used material on the ground (like when I was in A Christmas Carol, for the ghost of Christmas Past) and they waved it around and made big air bubbles. Then the killers came in and killed them like that. Richard died by himself onstage and it really felt like he was in the middle of a war anda thousand soldiers and he got stabbed. The whole feel of the show was black and white. It was kind of mobster-esque...They wore the black coats and the fidoras and it was like Richard was the head mobster. He was such a phenomenal actor. As was Margaret - the red haired girl. She was in MacBett also. I love her. She's so brilliant.

Yesterday we had a day off because it was Russia's Independence Day. So, we just kind of chilled around all day. It was so nice to just have a day because we've been so busy all the time. I made this excellent stir fry because I had time to make dinner...it had chicken, green peppers, onions, tomatoes, celery, bbq sauce, and seasoned salt. mmm....soo good. And I have enough left overs for today adn tomorrow too!

Today we have our Chekhov class; I absolutely love that class. It's with Mischa. Chekhov is my thing, it's all about the imagination, feelings, energies, etc. This is what I love. Then we have a two hour break and we're going to see Country of Love at the Satiricon Theatre. That's supposed to be another amazing piece of theatre, and some people saw it already and have just been talking about it like crazy so I'm pretty excited.

Anyway, Have to get ready for class! Have a good day!

No comments: