Monday, June 30, 2008

Speciba Moscow.

Speciba = Thank you in Russian. That's the only word I can really think of saying right now in response to us leaving late late this evening (3:30am). Moscow has given me so much, I wish I could give something back. But, maybe I have and I just haven't realized it. I'm sure I've affected or made an impact on someone's life here. It's a beautiful thing. I feel like I've become a different person...well, maybe not different, but definitely more mature, more grown up, more intelligent, more independent, more artistic, more creative, more me. And I love that. Something about this place sparks every sense in you and makes you completely aware of every emotion, every detail, every smell, touch, and sight. Everything. I'ver said this before, but experience has been more than I could have ever hoped for.

Today is my final day in Moscow as I've said. Last night we had our last group meeting/pot luck. We ate gorsche (sp?), drank some chamaigne, made some toasts to each other, and hung out all night. Polina and Sasha (our favorite Russians from the MXAT) came downstairs and hung out with us. I gave them each a Wayne State Green Bracelet (I've been giving those out to my Russians, Nicole. Thank you.) and they absolutely loved it. It's so nice how a simple gift can really make someone feel. In Russia, it's their culture to give small gifts or tokens or whatever. Nice. I got Mariana a necklace from the market we were at yesterday that she absolutely loves. it was to thank her for being such an amazing second mother to us all this month.

Yesterday we went to Stanislavsky's old apartment which is now a museum. Beautiful apartment which was built in thr 1700's with painting on the ceiling and everything. Aunt Jenny - you and my dad will really appreciate the architecture and old historic buildings I've been taking pictures of. Oh, and the paintings that I've taken pictures of too. Amazing. Anyway, so we were there and it was really fascinating to see where he first put on performances, where he wrote "To the Actor." Really cool.

We went to this market afterward where you bargain them for prices and everything. I was really good at it because I was serious and wouldn't budge and would begin to walk away and they'd bring it down more...I got one guy to go from 2000 rubles to 800 rubles for something. ha ha. So cool. That was fun and I got some really cool stuff.

After that we went and saw this horrible play. It was so bad. Most of us left at intermission and everyone else trickled out during the second act. Out of 24 people in our group, by the end of the show there was only 4. ha ha. It was that bad. They had no connection to what they were saying, no understanding, no energy, they were just saying lines, no feeling, inner motivation, no radiation with each other. It was very superficial. Oh well.

Anyway, sorry this is kind of short, but we have to head out. We're going to a cemetary to see Stanislavsky's grave. Then Beth, Kennikki, Mo, and I are going to head over to Red Square and try to get into the Kremlin and Lenin's tomb possibly. Then we want to head over to our favorite pond. Love it.

Have a good day! Maybe I'll update again today, maybe IO'll update in Paris. Love you all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've enjoyed living your experiences with you through all your Blogs. As the saying goes, "all great things must come to an end", in your case, it won't end. You will be bringing home with you an experience you will treasure forever. I'm so glad you had this moment. Have a well deserved rest in Paris and keep on updating us on your blog. Love and miss you! MOM XOXO...