Friday, June 27, 2008

Last Day

Well, today is the last day of classes. It's crazy to think a month went by so fast. Every acting class we start off by sharing observations, impressions of being here wither it's theatre, cultural, people we see, events that occur, things we do after class, whatever. Yesterday, I really looked at everyone around the room. We've grown into one emsemble, one company. Oleay was saying that what we have is rare - to take two completely seperate groups (Wayne State and Univ. of Windsor) and throw them together without knowing each other, and in the end, not know the different between the two because it's so interconnected and one. I thought that was really cool. Everyone talked about how much they've changed and grown up as individuals and artists.

Yesterday we had our last chekhov class. It was so sad. We leared a Russian melody that is supposed to give us good luck, I'll sing it to you when I get home, it's pretty - like a lullaby. Mischa commended us on our hard work and said that our teachers have taught us well because we've opened ourselves, used our imagination, and were free and willing to try new things. What an amazing class. I'me so luck to have had Mischa, as well as James Luse, teach me.

In acting, our etude was kind of sprung off of my individual one from the day before. We were at Konstantin's funeral, and we had told the priest it was an accident, not a suicide. Medvedenko comes out and says that it was not an accident, but instead a suicide and we were hiding it. The priest says he will not conitnue the service because it is against the religion to hold a service for a man who committed suicide. Holy change of atmosphere! ha. The comments afterward was that it was so compelling and real when we were standing around the dead body and going up to it and touching it (it's under a sheet), that they completely forgot that there was supposed to be an event. Our imagination was being used so well, and we were completely invested in every moment, so when the event happened, it through everyone for a loop because they forgot that there was supposed to be one. Oleeay commended us on that also, that we were able to have the audience live with us at the moment so well they weren't thinking about anything else. It was a great etude. Awesome.

We saw The Seagull last night. It was alright. First show I think I can say that for while being here, everything, as you know, has been described as amazing or incredible or whatever. This show was just very slow in pace and didn't keep mine, or many of the people in my group's, attention. Some of the roles were cast too old, I think also. Oh well. I'm glad I saw it. Maybe I built myself up too much for it because I was excited to see it. Meh.

Funny story, today I went to change and put my belt on. When I got here, I was on the first notch. Today, I'm able to do the fourth notch. If I was still in the weight loss competition right now, I think I could be in the lead. ha ha. I don't know, we don't have a scale. And who knows, I may gain it all back in Paris with wine and croissants. ha ha :)

Anyway, I'm off to my last walk to school with Beth and Kennikki, last movement class, last acting class, and our graduation/final party. It's so surreal, I don't even know how to grasp onto it. Incredible.

Oh! Two nights ago, we were in really good moods, kinda hyper, so Beth, Mo, Alex, and I got dressed in disguise and went to the other side of the third floor (the canadian wing as we call it) and pranked them. ha ha. We were all stealthy and put a garbage can in front of one of the rooms, and then saranwrapped the fridge. HILARIOUS. nothing harmful, just funny. I mean, who saran wraps a fridge? Mo and tiff are from the canadian side, but they were all about it too. In the morning, the canadians thought it was hilarious and were just a little confused. so funny. they enjoyed it. Thought you'd find that funny too. :)

Love you all. Off to class!

No comments: