Well. I am now in Moscow. Whoo!!! The plane ride wasn't that bad. Had some issues with luggage on the way there because I had too much. ha ha. Thank you Dad for turning around and picking some stuff up. I was going for a month, I didn't know what I needed! Met the Canadians that were joining us for the trip. Got on the plane. Long plane ride. We drank wine and talked a lot. The layover in Paris was boring`- 4 hours of just sitting there doing nothing. It sucked. The next plane, I fell asleep before we even took off. Woke up an hour later wondering if we had taken off yet. ha ha.
We arrived in Moscow and to the dorms we were staying in and were greeted by the other half of the group that arrived a week earlier to perform "A Lie of the Mind" at an international theatre festival held in Moscow. They/We were all really excited to see each other. We all hung out for a while and had a good first night. Kind of annoyed because the internet was out and I couldn't figure out how to read the calling card because it was in Russian (my cell phone won't work...still working that out). But it was all good.
Sunday we went for a bus tour of Moscow. Visited St. Basil's, Red Square, the Russian Christian Orthodox church (absolutely beautiful!), Moscow State University...everything was pretty cool. The architecture here, as well as the history, is so amazing and a bit overwhelming to take in because everything has a story of some kind and every Russian knows the stories. The frustrating thing is not being able to understand anyone or read anything. Meh. We're all getting by anyway. Apparently mullets are in because almost everyone has one. ha ha.
Today we went to the Moscow Art Theatre and was acquainted with a bit of the history by Anotoly Smeliansky, the dean of the Moscow Art Theatre. I knew some of it, but it was really interesting. We then had our acting class which was a lot of fun. We did a lot of focus, paying attention, listening exercises which included acting games with our eyes closed and delaing with rhythms - working as an ensemble. Loved it. So excited for the rest of our classes. Tonight we have off, but he have some homework already, so we're going to be working on that. Loving Beth as a roommate. Last night we just kept talking...I don't know how good that is because we don't shut up...as many of you know, so we stayed up a little later than we wanted to. Oh well, we were fine.
Kennikki, Beth, and I might go out after we do some of our homework and check out the park at the end of the street or something. Who knows.
I've been doing my own grocery shopping and making my own lunches and dinners because it's easier, cheaper, and I know I'll like it. ha. It's been working out so far. However, I will be going out and experiencing the Russian Dining Experience because I think it's important to try new things.
Anyway, that's all for now. Tomorrow we have class and might see a show and Wednesday we are seeing MacBet which is supposed to be amazing. Night!
Frank
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Hi Frank! I'm glad the internet is now working. Glad to hear from you sounds like you're having a great time. Keep up the hard work!! Love you - Mom
test
hey there! i'm so happy that you're there and already having a blast!! i know exactely how you feel, how excited you are. definitely go out and eat at some restaurants, but it's fun grocery shopping in another country too! i miss you and can't wait to hear from you, call if you get your phone figured out!!
--Amy
Post a Comment